1. Which of the following countries is not a member of SAARC?
All the members of the SAARC are : Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
2. Where is the headquarters of UNESCO?
UNESCO has 194 Members and 12 Associate Members. Membership of UNESCO is governed by Articles II and XV of the Constitution and by rules 98 to 101 of the Rules of Procedure of the General Conference. Membership of the United Nations carries with it the right to membership of UNESCO. States that are not members of United Nations may be admitted to UNESCO, upon recommendation of the Executive Board, by a two-thirds majority vote of the General Conference. The Organization has more than 50 field offices around the world and its headquarters are located in Paris.
3. The International Court of Justice (ICJ) is located at _____________.
The International Court of Justice, also known as the World Court, is the main judicial organ of the UN. It was established in June 1945 by the Charter of the United Nations and began work in April 1946. The seat of the Court is at the Peace Palace in the Hague (Netherlands).
4. The SAARC Secretariat is located in _____________.
The SAARC Secretariat is based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
5. Which of the following is not a permanent member of the UN Security Council?
The five permanent members of the UN security council are China, France, Russia, UK and USA.